As we become more and more dominated by the usual TV birth dramas – placental abruptions, epidurals, emergency cesareans and endless agonizing pain, familiarize your self with some real birth stories. Grab this box set today and get 75% off, … Continue reading
‘Actress Elizabeth Hurley had one. So did supermodel Claudia Schiffer. Ex-Spice Girl Victoria Beckham and singer Toni Braxton had two each. TV mom Patricia Heaton had four. They’re so popular among the upper class in Brazil that the only way … Continue reading
As many of you will already know, Victoria & David Beckham welcomed their newest member of the Beckham brood over the weekend. Their first daughter after three boys. The baby, named Harper Seven, was delivered by cesarean section on Sunday at Cedars Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. Victoria has revealed to People magazine,
‘We all feel so blessed, the boys love their baby sister so much’ and ‘Baby Harper is the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen. I have fallen in love all over again’.
Congratulations to the whole Beckham family!
This is a fantastic step in the right direction along the road to normalizing natural birth for women in the South Bay area. Women attending Torrance Memorial, now have the opportunity to a vaginal birth after [a previous] cesarean (VBAC). This is excellent news, as currently the c/section rate at this hospital stands at 40% (almost 10% higher than the national average), meaning, all of those women now don’t automatically have to undergo a repeat cesarean section a second or third time around. Previously, women who wanted a natural birth following a c/section would have to travel to a Westside facility. Now women have the choice they deserve.
“Women would have to leave the area and travel to have a vaginal birth, which is a big problem,” said Patricia Grube, the South Bay representative of the International Cesarean Awareness Network (ICAN). “For myself and many women, this is a positive development all around.”
- Happy 3rd Birthday to my 1st VBAC Baby (thefeministbreeder.com)
- Vaginal Delivery May Be OK After C-Section (health.usnews.com)
- New C-section policy: Better for women? (salon.com)
- Policy Change Aims to Reduce C-Section Rate (wellness.blogs.time.com)
- VBAC or Scheduled c-section? (ask.metafilter.com)
- New policy aims to cut repeat C-sections (msnbc.msn.com)
- New guidelines aim to reduce repeated C-sections (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Vaginal Birth After C-Section? 4 Factors to Consider (health.usnews.com)
- Vaginal birth after C-section is good option, experts say (dispatch.com)
- New U.S. guidelines aim to reduce repeat C-sections (ctv.ca)